Cancelling your AHCIP coverage

If you move out of Alberta or if an Albertan member of your family dies, please notify the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP).

Moving out of Alberta

If you are leaving Alberta, ensure your AHCIP coverage is cancelled.

  • Contact the AHCIP with your full name, personal health care number and forwarding address in-person at an authorized registry agent office, or by mail, fax, or telephone. Do not email this information.
  • You are covered by the AHCIP for the balance of the month in which you leave, and for the next two consecutive months. This ensures continuous coverage until you are eligible for health insurance in your new location.


Notify the AHCIP of the death of a family member who lived in Alberta.