Claim forms – Health Care Insurance Plan
If you paid for an insured health service outside of Alberta or Canada you may submit a claim to be reimbursed. For reimbursement:
- Complete the applicable form below,
- Include an itemized statement and proof of payment (mandatory) when you mail in the form.
The form must be sent to Alberta Health within 12 months from the date of service and it may take 8–10 weeks to process your claim. Read about what services are covered.
Can't open PDF form?
Claims submission resources and forms
- Out-of-Province Claim Form for Physician / Practitioner Services This claim form has two purposes. It is to be used by:
- Alberta residents wanting to submit a claim to the AHCIP for physician services they received in other parts of Canada.
- Alberta physicians (for services that can not be billed through the medical reciprocal billing process) and other practitioners providing services to residents from other parts of Canada. Out of Country Health Services Claim Form
- Application to claim practitioner services and facility services outside Canada.
- Blue Cross Health Services Claim Form Fill and print
- Quebec Claim for Physician / Practitioner Services Used by Alberta physicians and other practitioners providing services to residents from Quebec.
- Complete and send to: Régie de l'assurance maladie, Case postale 500, Québec (Québec) G1K 7B4
- Insurance Claim Consent and Authorization Application for third-party requests for reimbursement of insured physician and hospital services paid on behalf of Alberta residents who obtained emergency medical services outside Canada.
Important: Due to the sensitive nature of the information required, DO NOT return forms by email. Electronic submission is not available. Print and return your application in person at an authorized registry agent office, or by mail, fax or in person.