Where to register for AHCIP
Albertans can register for the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan (AHCIP) and update their information at authorized registry agent offices across the province at no cost (free). Find a registry agent in your area.
- Download the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan Coverage application form (Form AHC0102) or pick up the form at a registry agent office.
- Complete the AHCIP application form and bring it into the registry agent office along with your supporting documents. Processing time can take up to 5 days.
You can also make updates to your information including changes to name, address, marital status, date of birth and adding or removing coverage for a dependant. Read more about status changes.
Find an authorized registry agent near you
- Find a registry agent in your area which can help you with AHCIP registration and changes.
Questions and answers about registry agents
1. Can an authorized registry agent provide me with a personal health care card?
- Registry agents can only process the AHCIP application and request the card through Alberta Health. All cards are mailed directly to you from Alberta Health at the address that is currently on file.
- For more information contact the AHCIP
2. Is my personal medical information accessible to the registry agent staff?
- The staff at registry agent offices do not have access to any medical information, including medical records.
3. How secure is my personal information at the Alberta registry agent offices?
- Your personal information is safe. Registry agents are subject to strict legislative, contractual and policy requirements that protect the security and release of Albertans’ information.