Copyright and Disclaimer
Copyright of all materials on this website, including the underlying HTML, text, illustrations, designs, icons, audio clips, video clips, documents, products, software and all other content is either owned by the government of Alberta, or the Government of Alberta has obtained a license to use the materials for the website.
Our blog comment policy
The Government of Alberta cannot commit to replying to every comment. We will, however, attempt to engage in conversation when possible and as appropriate. With email responses, a new blog might be posted dealing with the email response.
The views expressed in these blogs do not necessarily represent the views of the Government of Alberta.
In the case of ongoing investigations, legal proceedings, or matters before the Legislative Assembly, we will not be able to comment here.
Our blogs and information set out on it is provided solely for the convenience of interested users. While we try to ensure that the accuracy of the content, the Government of Alberta shall not be responsible for any reliance by the user on the accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness or reliability of the content. In using this content, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Government of Alberta from any and all third party claims, demands, actions or costs (including legal costs on a solicitor-client basis) arising out of your use of this page.
All comments will be regularly moderated and reviewed by Government of Alberta staff. Please keep in mind that the Government of Alberta cannot tolerate comments that are offensive to an individual or an organization, rude in tone, or abusive. You, in sending comments in regards to a blog, agree that you shall not send, or post, any content that meets the following conditions, and the Government of Alberta reserves the right to, without notice, edit, remove, or refuse content that meets any of the following conditions:
- Contrary to the principles of the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, the Alberta Human Rights Act and any other applicable codes of conduct;
- Racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, insulting, life-threatening or otherwise offensive messages;
- Defamatory, serious, unproven or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations;
- Aggressive, coarse, violent, obscene, or pornographic content;
- Content which may offend the privacy, personal, property or other rights of any individuals or organizations;
- Content which infringes the policies of Facebook;
- Hyperlinks to website or other content that meet the above conditions;
- Content where the sender is not the author;
- Content for advertising or other commercial purposes;
- Announcements from labour or political organizations;
- Content written in a language other than English;
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages; and
- Any other content that the moderators feel will not add to the normal flow of debate.
Submissions meeting any of the above conditions will be deleted. This includes any content quoted through a trackback mechanism. Trackbacks that violate the comment policy will be deleted.
To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include phone numbers or email addresses or other such personal information in the body of your comment. Moderators will watch for and potentially remove inappropriate or unnecessary personal information or images about the submitter or a third party. The Government of Alberta cannot control the conduct of third parties having access to this publicly accessible site and disclaims responsibility for any personal information that is posted by you and used by third parties.