Alberta's Chief Medical Officer of Health
This page provides information and resources on current health topics and issues. Find more information on various health topics using the left navigation or the links below.
Current health issues
- Immunization and vaccines
- Prevent infections Clean your hands
- Health advisories
- Healthy eating and living info
- STIs Don't You Get It
- More health information on MyHealth.Alberta.ca
- WiFi In Schools
In 2011, in response to the growing rate of overweight and obese children in Canada, Canadas Ministers of Health launched Our Health Our Future: A National Dialogue on Healthy Weights a key step in identifying actions to curb childhood obesity and to promote healthy weights.
- Our Health Our Future: A National Dialogue on Healthy Weights
- Curbing Childhood Obesity: A FPT Framework for Action to Promote Healthy Weights
- Check out the OCMOH report: "You Are What You Eat"
Need medical advice?
Call Health Link at 811
CMOH videos on YouTubeDr. André Corriveau and Dr. James Talbot, two of Albertas past Chief Medical Officers of Health, provide answers to questions on a number of health topics impacting Albertans.
- Dr. James Talbot on flu shots 2013
- Health Action News: Why get immunized for influenza 2010
- Influenza immunization 2009
- Spread joy, not germs this holiday season 2009
- Influenza symptoms 2009
- How is influenza spread? 2009
- How to prevent the spread of influenza 2009
- The importance of hand washing 2009
- What is the right way to cover a cough or sneeze? 2009
In the fall and winter, you have an increased chance of getting a cold, influenza, or other virus to make you sick. Cleaning your hands by washing or using sanitizer is a great way to reduce your chances of getting sick, or getting someone else sick.
- Don't get ticked 2010
West Nile virus
- How is West Nile virus spread? 2010
- What are the symptoms of West Nile virus? 2010
- How do you protect yourself against West Nile virus? 2010