Disease and conditions Health information
Find info on MyHealth
Information is often your best defense against diseases and conditions. General information on diseases can be found on the MyHealth.Alberta website. Some Alberta-specific information is provided below.
- Addiction and Mental Health information and services
- Foodborne Illnesses and Food Safety Code
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
- Influenza (seasonal, avian, self-care, pandemic plan)
- Lyme Disease Ticks and Tick Surveillance
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- West Nile Virus
Vaccine preventable diseases
Vaccines are successful in decreasing the incidence of disease. Many of the once common and deadly vaccine-preventable diseases are now controlled and covered in the comprehensive Alberta Immunization Program. These include: Chickenpox, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, Haemophilus Influenza type b, Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Pneumococcal Disease and Meningococcal Disease.