Disease and conditions Health information
Information is often your best defense against diseases and conditions. Alberta Health produces general and specific information about a variety of infectious diseases.
- BSE / vCJD
- Foodborne Illnesses, Common
- Haemolytic Uraemic Syndrome (HUS)
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
- HIV Infection / AIDS
- Influenza (seasonal, avian, self-care, pandemic plan)
- Lyme Disease Ticks and Tick Surveillance
- MRSA (Community Associated)
- Norovirus / Norwalk-like virus
- Sexually Transmitted Infections
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- West Nile Virus
Vaccine preventable diseases
Vaccines are successful in decreasing the incidence of disease. Many of the once common and deadly vaccine-preventable diseases are now controlled and covered in the comprehensive Alberta Immunization Program. These include: Chickenpox, Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis, Polio, Haemophilus Influenza type b, Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Pneumococcal Disease and Meningococcal Disease.