Growing up healthy
Healthy eating and active living
- Nutrition Guidelines for Children and Youth
- Children and Healthy Eating – Health Canada
- Childhood obesity
- Find more information on MyHealth.Alberta
- Get physical – fitness for all ages
- Eat healthy – nutrition and guidelines
- A Parent's Guide to Healthy Teeth for Children Birth to Six Years (tip cards included) 2002
Annual eye exams for all children in the province are covered by the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan. The Alberta government also funds the Eye See...Eye Learn program where Doctors of Optometry detect, diagnose and treat eye health problems in children as they enter the school system.
Growth and development
- Injury prevention and safety services – Alberta Health Services
- Do Bugs Need Drugs? – explores the problem of antibiotic resistance.
- What to Say When They Ask: Talking About Sexuality With Your Child 1999