Growing up healthy
Whether you're a parent, a teenager or someone researching child health topics, the following information will hopefully help you.
Healthy eating and active living
- Healthy eating and active living – HealthyU
- Children and Healthy Eating – Health Canada
- Childhood obesity
- Find more information on MyHealth.Alberta
Growth and development
- Developing Children, Developing Parents – audio resources
- Speech and Language Development information
- Talk Box – A parent's guide to creating language-rich environments
- WiFi In Schools
- A Parent's Guide to Healthy Teeth for Children Birth to Six Years (tip cards included) 2002
Annual eye exams for all children in the province are covered by the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan. The Alberta government also funds the Eye See...Eye Learn program where Doctors of Optometry detect, diagnose and treat eye health problems in children as they enter the school system.
- Injury prevention and safety services – Alberta Health Services
- Do Bugs Need Drugs? – explores the problem of antibiotic resistance.
- What to Say When They Ask: Talking About Sexuality With Your Child 1999
- Alberta Children and Youth Initiative – recommended resources
- Canada's Food Guide to Healthy Eating – Health Canada
- Kids Help Phone – 1-800-668-6868
- BLAST – Alberta Lung Association
- Mental Health For Children and Youth