It is important to know how to prevent getting ill with the influenza virus and how to prevent its spread. It is important to know how to take care of yourself or others in the event of illness, and when you should seek medical care.
The influenza self-care information below will give you helpful information you need to know.
- Understand what influenza (the flu) is, its symptoms, and how it spreads.
- Find out how to protect yourself and others and the importance of cleaning your hands.
- If you get sick, you should know how to take care of yourself.
- If you care for someone who is sick, find out what you should do and when to seek medical care.
Influenza self-care information
- How to take care and protect yourself and others
- How to care for adults with influenza
- How to care for children with influenza
- How to clean your hands properly to reduce the spread of influenza
- Over-the-counter medications guidelines for adults and children
- How to take a temperature
- The differences between influenza, a cold, and stomach upset
Updated August 2010