Influenza (the flu) What can you do? part 8
Over-the-counter medicine for adultsOver-the-counter medicine can help you feel better if you have the flu.
- You dont need a prescription.
Try to use medicine that treats only one symptom at a time. For example:
|For fever and body aches
|For a dry cough
Sometimes a cough can keep you awake at night.
For a sore throat
Follow the instructions for medicine carefully.
- If you have questions, talk to a pharmacist or call Health Link Alberta. Tell them all the medicine you are taking. For example:
- Over-the-counter medicine;
- Prescriptions; or
- Traditional medicine (herbs).
Ask about side effects. For example, a medicine might irritate your stomach.
- Keep all medicine away from children.
|< Part 7|