Public health information
Healthy Albertans in a healthy Alberta
The vision for Alberta Health is "Healthy Albertans in a healthy Alberta." To help achieve this vision, we have provided health-related information and links to various resources to help you and your loved ones be healthy and informed.
Seasonal health information
Healthy flood recovery
- Find a number of resources and tools to help you recover healthfully and safely after last year's flooding.
Salmonella and reptiles
The Public Health Agency of Canada is investigating an outbreak of salmonellosis linked to contact with pet bearded dragons.
- Bearded dragons salmonella
- Contact avec des dragons barbus
- Salmonella and reptiles / Salmonelles et reptiles
Wait times reporting
Albertans interested in treatment options can view wait time information on medical procedures and diagnostic tests and then discuss their treatment options with their health-care provider.
Electronic health record
Alberta's Electronic Health Record – known as Netcare – is a secure lifetime record of an Albertan's key health information available for consultation by authorized health service providers. It is not a patient's full health or medical record.
Moving to or around Alberta?
Find services and information on the Programs and Services website.
Healthy U = healthy Albertans
MyHealth.Alberta.ca provides you with trustworthy health information, wellness management resources and tools on over 8,700 health topics:
- Search health topics A-Z
- Look up medications
- Check a symptom
- Find a health professional, service or facility
- Find out about medical tests and treatments
Looking for a doctor
If you are looking for a doctor and not sure what to do, read "Choosing Your Family Doctor."
Interactive health data
- The Interactive Health Data Applications (IHDA) provide information on health status and determinants of health in both tabular data format and interactive geographic map interfaces.
- The Macro Health Data site provides macro level information and data on how Alberta compares to other provinces and also includes international comparisons.
Alberta Top Doc
We refer to Alberta's Chief Medical Officer of Health as "Alberta's Top Doc."