The Health Professionals section contains information and resources related to various areas of health care and the health care profession. The health professional content has been broken out by topic.
New documents are posted or updated on a regular basis. Check back regularly to ensure you are referencing the most current document and information.
- Influenza surveillance reports
- Ebola information for health professionals – AHS
- Ebola virus
- Health Care Fraud – General Bulletin 88
- Physician Agreement Memorandum of Understanding April 15, 2013
- Antibiotic resistance Article 2011
To report a suspected billing issue, email the Monitoring and Investigation Branch (MIB) at MIBranch@gov.ab.ca, or by fax at 780-643-1527.
The MIB is part of Alberta Health's Health System Accountability and Performance Division. MIB safeguards public funds and enhances the department's accountability by completing audits, promoting best practices, and monitoring adherence to regulations for practitioner payments.
- Publications – Numerous reports and documents are available in our Publications section under the Newsroom tab.
- ProMED-mail – Program for Monitoring Emerging Diseases – International Society for Infectious Diseases
- mydoctor.ca Health Portal – A public site by the Canadian Medical Association (CMA) to find physicians or clinics. Physicians can register on the Canadian Medical Association website.
In this section
- Manuals and Guidelines
- Regulated Health Professions