Alberta Continuing Care Strategy
The Continuing Care Strategy, called Aging in the Right Place
, outlines specific community support initiatives:
- Enhancing home care through improved assessments, an expansion of current programs and increased daily personal care hours;
- Providing assistance for individuals to transition from facility care back to home or community living;
- Introducing emergency support programs to identify resources, interim care and accommodations options;
- Increasing support and respite programs for families and community members assuming care on behalf of their loved ones; and
- Introducing technology that will connect continuing care clients with health professionals and provide medical and safety monitoring.
- Becoming the Best, Alberta's 5-Year Health Action Plan also provides specific short, mid and long-term actions for continuing care.