Past initiatives Our years of progress
Note: Items marked with "NR" are news releases.
On September 1, 2009, the Minister's Advisory Committee on Health looked at how to improve Alberta's legislation so that it better supports improvements to Alberta's publicly funded health care system.
- Read more on MACH
- Advisory committee to focus on improving patient care and health system performance NR: September 1, 2009
Alberta Telehealth was transitioned from Health and Wellness to Alberta Health Services in 2009.
- Vision 2020
- 2008 Health Plan
- Alberta Pharmaceutical Strategy
- Government moving ambulance services under Albertas health system NR: May 29, 2008
- One provincial board to govern Albertas health system NR: May 15, 2008
- Provincewide smoking ban in public places, workplaces approved NR: November 14, 2007
- Technology brings health care specialists closer to home NR: February 13, 2007
- Health Minister to participate in the Reforming State's Groups western regional meetings NR: November 4, 2006
- Read the Health Quality Council of Alberta's Satisfaction with Health Care Services: A Survey of Albertans 2006 October 2006
- New programs promote better health for children and youth NR: September 28, 2006
- Report gives historical look at the health status of Albertans NR: July 18, 2006
- New law makes Alberta an international leader in the fight against cancer; establishes $500 million prevention fund NR: June 27, 2006
- Alberta Ombudsman now able to review patient concerns NR: June 15, 2006
- Evans to learn new innovative approaches from Swiss and Swedish health systems NR: June 1, 2006
- Health Quality Council established as a provincial health authority NR: June 1, 2006
- New regulation to grant prescribing power to pharmacists NR: May 31, 2006
- Updated Standards raise the bar for continuing care NR: May 3, 2006
- Government releases Health Benefit Design Options report NR: April 26, 2006
- New health bill process invites Albertans' input NR: April 20, 2006
- Albertans agree health care system needs change NR: March 15, 2006
- Alberta health care renewal focuses on balance NR: February 28, 2006
On January 11, 2005, the Alberta government announced a new phase in health care evolution. Evolution in this case means making continual improvements to our health system through innovation and more efficient ways to deliver health care services.
These improvements were intended for the government to implement the remaining recommendations of the Premier's Advisory Council on Health the Mazankowski Report. December 2001.
- Health Minister clarifies released documents NR: November 8, 2005
- Consulting firm hired for analysis of Health Care Insurance NR: November 3, 2005
- Government takes action on wait times: commits $1.4 billion of surplus on additional beds, facilities across province NR: October 14, 2005
- $189 million to digitize X-rays, ST and MRI scans - Faster reports and images will improve quality of care for Albertans NR: July 25, 2005
- Moving ahead with better health care NR: July 12, 2005
- Premier's Statement, Supreme Court Chaoulli decision NR: June 9, 2005
- Grant program continues to expand Alberta's telehealth network NR: May 13, 2005
- Health care evolution gains speed in Alberta NR: January 11, 2005
2005 International Health Care Symposium
Alberta hosted an international health care symposium in May 2005 to examine the best ideas in health care delivery from other countries and consider what would work best here. Read more about the Alberta Symposium on Health 2005.
- Symposium on Health Highlights from Thursday NR: May 5, 2005
- Government commits to action on health as symposium concludes NR: May 5, 2005
- Symposium on Health Highlights from Wednesday NR: May 5, 2005
- Symposium on Health Highlights from Tuesday NR: May 4, 2005
- Alberta's Health Symposium Available via Web Cast NR: April 30, 2005
- World-wide health system innovators to spark Third Way discussion NR: April 7, 2005