Health research in Alberta
Good information and evidence-based research about health care leads to good policy development and decision making that ultimately benefits all Albertans.
The Health Analytics Branch provides access to administrative health data sets, supports health research and planning products, and assists with health knowledge transfer to support decision making.
Health research includes four pillars:
- Population health; and
- Health service.
Health research sponsors include federal and provincial research funding organizations, Alberta universities, not-for-profit organizations, and industry.
For more information, contact the Health Research Resource Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Data Disclosure Guidelines 2014
- Overview of Administrative Health Datasets 2014
- Commonly Requested Data Elements and Descriptions for Research Requests (.xlsx)
- Schedule of Medical Benefits Current and Historical Codes and Desciptions (.xlsx)
- Physician Specialty Codes and Description (.xlsx)