The 2008 Health Action Plan
made a commitment to develop a long-term health system sustainability plan. Phase one of the roadmap for achieving that goal is Vision 2020.
Vision 2020 puts patients at center of sustainable health system
There are five goals in Vision 2020:
- Providing the right service, in the right place, and at the right time;
- Enhancing access to high quality services in rural areas;
- Matching workforce supply to demand for services;
- Improving co-ordination of care and delivery of care; and
- Building a strong foundation for public health.