June 23, 2016
Chinook Regional Hospital Expansion provides greater health care delivery to southern Alberta – People in Lethbridge and area have increased access to outpatient services, specialized care and emergency services with the grand opening of the hospital’s new wing and renovated Emergency Department.
June 21, 2016
Albertans asked for input on nursing home and home care services – Two public surveys are now online for Albertans to share their thoughts and provide feedback as the province updates regulations for long-term care facilities and home care services.
June 10, 2016
Medical assistance in dying framework assures access and safeguards for Albertans – The Government has approved a framework for medical assistance in dying that protects the vulnerable while supporting individuals who want to exercise their rights.
- Listen to the news conference on medical assistance in dying
- Read more about medical assistance in dying
May 31, 2016
Health Minister comments on new AHS President and CEO – The Alberta Health Services Board has named Dr. Verna Yiu as the organization’s new President and CEO, effective June 3.
In this section
- Current stats on influenza immunization (the flu shot) in Alberta
- Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health (OCMOH)
Media inquiries concerning Alberta's health care system and the department of Alberta Health can be directed to:
- Carolyn Ziegler, Media Relations, 780-415-2496
- Timothy Wilson, Ministry Press Secretary, 780-638-9503
- Laura Tupper, Ministry Press Secretary, 780-644-8665