Fees information for health professionals
- Allied Health Practitioner's Resource Guide 2014
- Allied health services schedules of benefits (Allied) – Schedule of oral and maxillofacial surgery, chiropractic, optometry, podiatric surgery and podiatry benefits insured under the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan.
- Diagnostic Code Supplement (ICD-9) 2014
- Facility Listing – numbers and functional centre codes, claim submission requirements July 2015
- Pharmacy Services Compensation 2014
- Physician's Resource Guide 2014
- Schedule of Medical Benefits – (SOMB) List of medical benefits and fee schedule for medical benefits insured under the Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan.
Rural Remote Northern Program
The Rural Remote Northern Program, which is part of the Clinical Stabilization Initiative, became effective as of September 1, 2007.
This program has been established to compensate physicians who practice in under-serviced areas in Alberta. The program's primary objective is the recruitment and retention of physicians to under serviced areas/communities in Alberta and to ensure equitable health services for all Albertans.
The Rural Remote Northern Program has two financial components:
- Flat Fee payment – paid to physicians who practice and reside in an eligible community; and
- Variable Fee Premium – paid to physicians who provide services in an eligible community, whether or not they reside in an eligible community.