Providing care for Syrian refugees and billing information
Reimbursement under the Interim Federal Health Program
To be reimbursed for services provided under the Interim Federal Health Program, health-care providers must:
- be registered Medavie Blue Cross providers,
- determine client eligibility before providing services, and
- submit claims
Information for pharmacists
Prescription medications listed on the Alberta Drug Benefit List will be covered for Syrian refugees for up to 12 months under the Interim Federal Health Program.
- Information and resources for pharmacists providing care to refugees is on the Alberta Pharmacists’ Association website.
- College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) – Refugee health care resource to assist physicians with health care requirements for the Syrian refugees now arriving in Canada
- Read about Syrian refugee health care insurance and health care
Resources for health professionals who are working with Syrian refugees, including translated materials and practice guides are available on the Alberta Health Services website.