Seniors Advisory Council for Alberta
The council gathers information on issues important to seniors by consulting with older Albertans and seniors' organizations in communities across the province. The suggestions and feedback gathered through the consultations are used to develop advice on legislation, policies, funding and coordination of programs and services for seniors.
The council also coordinates the annual, provincewide Seniors’ Week celebration, participates in research projects and supports community-based workshops for seniors and frontline workers.
To increase the recognition of seniors as one of Alberta’s most respected and valuable resources.
Consult with seniors, seniors’ organizations and others to gather information and provide advice to the Minister of Seniors regarding seniors needs.
- SACA member biographies
- SACA regional map
- Code of conduct
- Mandate and roles
- Seniors Advisory Council for Alberta Act
- SACA reports
- Seniors' Week
- Telephone: 780-422-2321 (Edmonton)
- To call toll-free within Alberta, dial 310-0000 and then 780-422-2321
- Fax:780-422-8762 (Edmonton)
- To fax toll-free within Alberta, dial 310-0000 and then 780-422-8762
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: Advisory Council for Alberta
c/o Alberta Health
600 Standard Life Centre
10405 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 4R7