Special needs assistance for seniors
- To be eligible for this assistance, you must have submitted an application to the Alberta Seniors Benefit program and have income within the income thresholds.
- If you receive a Special Needs Assistance for Seniors benefit, you may be asked to provide receipts (an accounting) for the goods and/or services funded by the program.
- If your request for benefits is denied or if you disagree with the amount of benefits you receive, you can appeal the decision.
- If you have questions or require additional information, please call the Alberta Supports Contact Centre at 1-877-644-9992, or 780-644-9992 in Edmonton.
The benefit year starts July 1 of one year and finishes June 30 of the following year. Previously, the date your claim was received determined your eligibility for assistance.
- As of July 1, 2012, Special Needs Assistance eligibility is based on the date of service.