How to become an authorizer
Health care professionals who want to become an approved Alberta Aids to Daily Living (AADL) Authorizer must:
- Be a resident of Alberta.
- Be a health professional and presently registered in, and in good standing with one of these professional associations:
- Registered Nurse – College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta
- Occupational Therapist – Alberta College of Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapist – Physiotherapy Alberta College and Association (Physiotherapy Alberta)
- Speech Language Pathologist – Alberta College of Speech Language Pathologists and Audiologists
- Have a minimum of 1,700 hours (approximately one year full-time equivalent) professional clinical experience. Exceptions may be allowed with the prior approval of AADL.
- Be employed as a health care professional for a minimum of 3 days per week (0.6 Full Time Equivalent).
- Not be in a position to directly or indirectly engage in the sale and supply of a program benefit. Health care professionals must disclose any potential conflict of interest to AADL for evaluation.
- Meet the entrance criteria of the specific AADL benefit they wish to authorize, when applicable, and possess the specialized training required to authorize specific AADL benefits as noted in the benefit sections of the AADL program manual.
- Complete the Online Course and attend the AADL Authorizer Training Session.
Note: AADL has the right to refuse to grant AADL Authorizer status.
Authorization of benefits
Once approved, health care professionals will be able to authorize AADL benefits in their primary product range. For more information, read:
Application process and form
If you meet the above criteria, complete the application form and then submit it by email, fax or mail to AADL (AADL contact information is on the application form). Ensure that you sign the form confirming the information you have provided is correct. Incomplete forms will not be processed.
Prior to attending the workshop(s), you must complete online Module 1, review the AADL program manual and workshop materials, and print off relevant sections of the program manual.
Upcoming Authorizer training –
- May 27 – in Calgary with a TeleHealth link to Medicine Hat for OTs, PTs and RNs (registration closed)
To register for available courses, complete and return the application form. Seating is limited.
- Incomplete forms and/or those without required documentation will be returned and the applicant will lose their place in line.
Registrations will be accepted at any time. You will be notified that you are accepted to be on a waiting list and must confirm that you can attend the session to which you are assigned when future courses are scheduled.
- Subscribe to the AADL email list to be notified on next course dates
- Review resources and print off workshop materials
- Contact Andrea at 780-422-6871 or email@example.com for more information.