Contact us if you have concerns or complaints about accommodation standards not being followed, or about unlicensed supportive living settings providing accommodation and support services for 4 or more adults.
To help us address your concern or complaint, please have the following information available:
- Name and address of the accommodation
- Name of the municipality where the facility is located
- Name of the organization operating the facility
- Name of the accommodation manager and his or her phone number
- A brief summary of your concern or complaint and when it occurred, and
- Names and titles of people you have spoken to about your concern or complaint (e.g., manager, senior manager, board member) and their involvement in trying to resolve your concern or complaint.
You can appeal the decision of the complaints officer.
- Complete a Complaint Decision Appeal Form
Health service concerns
To resolve a concern with a publicly-funded health care service that has not been addressed by your home care, supportive living, or long-term care provider, contact Alberta Health Services.
If you have concerns about abuse or safety of adults in publicly-funded care facilities such as seniors' lodges, long-term care facilities and group homes, contact Protection for Persons in Care at 1-888-357-9339.
Safety and security of vulnerable adults
Contact us if you have concerns about accommodation standards for supportive living accommodations or long-term care facilities.