You have the opportunity to help shape policy and legislation. Three regulations, the Nursing Homes Operation Regulation, the Nursing Homes General Regulation, and the Co-ordinated Home Care Program Regulation, expire in 2017. As part of reviewing and updating these regulations, Albertans have the opportunity to provide feedback by completing two online surveys.
The surveys ask for input on staffing in nursing homes, supports for caregivers and what types of social and recreational activities should be available in nursing homes, among other topics.
Take the surveys
- Complete the surveys by July 31 – go to: www.continuingcare.malatest.net
- The surveys are being conducted by R. A. Malatest & Associates on behalf of Alberta Health
Feedback from 10 stakeholder sessions held in 8 communities between May 30 and June 16 will be included in the review process. Invitees at these sessions included continuing care clients/residents and their family members, supportive living and long-term care facility operators, advocacy groups, care providers, and others.
Alberta’s continuing care system
Alberta’s continuing care system provides Albertans with the health, personal care and accommodation services they need to support their independence and quality of life.
There are 3 setting in which continuing care services provide clients, with different needs, with a broad range of health and personal care, accommodation and hospitality services. Read about these settings –
- Alberta’s continuing care system
- Accommodation charges
- Continuing care standards
- Supportive living
- Accommodation standards and forms
- Making a complaint
- Contact us
Continuing care public reporting
- Search the supportive living and long-term care facility public reporting website
- Read about the CIHI quality indicators for long-term care report
- List of Publicly Funded Designated Supportive Living Accommodations and Long-Term Care Facilities March 2015
Affordable Supportive Living Initiative
Long-term care resident profiles
- Long-Term Care Resident Profile 2014–2015
- Long-Term Care Resident Profile 2013–2014
- Long-Term Care Resident Profile 2012–2013
- Long-Term Care Resident Profile 2011–2012