Protection for Persons in Care
A safe and secure environment, where people are free from abuse and neglect, is necessary for well-being and quality of life. Protection for Persons in Care promotes prevention and responds to reports of abuse of adult Albertans receiving care or support services from publicly funded service providers, such as: hospitals, seniors' lodges, nursing homes, mental health facilities, shelters, group homes, addictions treatment centres, many settings funded by the Persons with Developmental Disabilities program, and other supportive living settings.
- Report abuse – To report abuse, or if you have concerns about the safety and security of a vulnerable adult, call 1-888-357-9339.
- Accommodation standards – For concerns or questions regarding accommodation standards, contact continuing care
- Complaints about a guardian, trustee, co-decision maker or agent named in a personal directive – For concerns, questions or to make a complaint, contact the Office of the Public Guardian
Find out more
- Protection for Persons in Care Act summary
- Reporting abuse
- Monitoring compliance with the director's decision
- Appealing the director’s decision
- Registered members of a health profession or health discipline
- Criminal records checks
- Forms and documents
- Investigated cases
- Statistical reports